Saturday, July 10, 2010

No Time to Stamp Challenge: Christmas in July

Yeah yeah... I know what you are thinking - but it's never too early to get your Christmas Cards done... especially if you also make a lot of other cards for other occations.... dabble with other creative ideas... look after your full-time job... oh yeah almost forgot: going to night school two nights a week... (the latter one is because I keep my options open - not just the type of work that I currently do...

Oh... my thoughts are wandering again - back to the Christmas thing: No Time to Stamp's challenge this week did not include a sketch, just the idea to make a Christmas Card - guess a lot of us are dreaming of a bit cooler temperatures right now.



The idea for this card slowly crept into my mind on Monday when making my card for the Taylored Expression challenge, and this challenge really fuelled the idea.... I am so gratefull for this challenge, because I just made all the Christmas Cards that I want to send this year, including a couple of extras if the mailing list increase during the next 5 months.

The sentiment - GOD JUL - is Danish and translates to MERRY CHRISTMAS - just a tribute to the viking blod in my veins.

Materials used:

Double sided tape from Panduro Hobby
Penny Black stamp: Favorite Time
Scissors
COPICs
Sentiment from Creative Company
Golden mini-brads
Paper:
Red, white and green from TUKAN
With stripes: bought in a market in Seoul, South Korea
Adhesive silver paper from Konrad Hornschuch AG
Water Color paper (below the sentimen)- imported from India

3 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

This is so sweet and pretty!

Thanks so much for joining us in this week's Stamp Simply "Christmas in July" challenge!

Rosemary said...

This a fun card! Love the coloring and sentiment and that patterned paper is really great - like a warm cozy sweater. Did I read that correctly - you have finished your Christmas cards? WOW, that's awesome and I'm envious of you!

Anne said...

Yep all done with the x-mas cards :o)