Saturday, August 1, 2015

July 2015 in Books

From Pulitzer awarded novel to the biography of a 1980s supermodel to graphic novel and detour to an eBook and a book by famous TV show host. The reading has been varied but a good distraction from the Danish summer of 2015: the weather has been cold, windy and wet - more like a month of fall than summer.

Normally I will show the pile of the entire month's reading material, but choose to run to the library more often knowing that there were a waiting line on some of the books - and a few of them was only a 2-weeks loan instead on the usual 4-weeks loan.



Effekten af Susan by Peter Høeg
(Translated Title: The Effect of Susan)*
Denmark
Library Book
BookFriend book July 2015

The Boston Girl by Anita Diamond
US
Library Book

What I Know For Sure by Oprah Winfrey
US
Library Book

Miss Perregrine's Home foe Peculiar Children - the Graphic Novel by Ransom Riggs/ Cassandra Jean
US
Library Book


Renée - At finde hjem by Renée Toft Simonsen
(Translated Title: Renée - to Find the Way Home)*
Denmark
Library Book

Wound Up in Murder by Betty Hechtman
US

To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee
US
eBook

Hollow City by Ransom Riggs
US
Library Books

*Translated title: the book has not been published in English version, so title is not an official title of the book.

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

I would love to know what you thought of these books. Do you belong to Goodreads and give reviews? To Kill a Mockingbird is such a good story, I read it too long ago and now I want to read Go Set a Watchman to see if I'll enjoy seeing what happened to Scout and Atticus et al. I admit I am jealous that you are comfortable reading in a different language, I suppose I might be able to muddle through a Spanish story but it would not be easy as I have probably become very lazy with my grammar and such.