Monday, June 3, 2013

The Woman Who Went to Bed for a Year


How do you tell the world, that you had enough? That you need a break from everything? Have you ever said to yourself: "I wish that I had just stayed in bed today" when having a terrible day?
 
On the Eva's two twins, Brianna and Brian Jr. leaves for university at the age of 17, she decides that she needs to make her personal statement: that she had had enough. Not being on the suicidal edge, she decides that going to bed and staying there, is going to be her way of letting her surroundings know, that she has reached her limits. She wants to sign out from the real world for a while not knowing for how long.
 
Her husband, Brian, is bewildered and her surrounding is wondering if she is mentally sane at all. Her support is her new friend, Alexander, that helps in her keeping her mind busy. The neighbourhood knows about her decision to stay in bed, and from her bedroom she watches life pass by an by pure coincidence she becomes a person, that people confide in to solve personal issues.
 
If it has been a family, where the kids were still living at home and they were dependent of a second income, it would have bigger consequences than those we encounter in this book. But it is a read that makes you wonder - would I be able to sign out temporarily from my life? I have come to the conclusion, that I am at least trying when having my vacation - and yet, do I really sign out?
 
Spend some airtime (on a plane) readin this book from cover to cover - both laughing and sighing in the company of Eva.
 

No comments: