Saturday, February 6, 2016

Small Country, Big Heart

Source

Usually I post my own photos of pins I buy when supporting various causes, but decided this time to show two of NETTOs photos with the pins (they are selling the pins in their stores here in Denmark). I have already bought  pin to show my support.

I believe that we Danes need this cause to show the world that we do have a big heart. Lately we have been hammered in the international press about some laws relating to the migrants coming to Denmark: the right to seize valuables above a certain amount including jewellery, temporary border control between Denmark and Germany (started after Sweden imposed border control between Denmark and Sweden). To be honest I do not like those two measures to limit migrants - both of them costs a lot of money, money that could have been spent helping locally.

Locally - a lot of the migrants actually do not want to leave their countries, but when the support to relief organizations gets cut so there is not sufficient funds to provide food in local refugee camps, that is when migration takes over as the only hope.

Danmarks Indsamling has their 10th annual TV show tonight - This year's theme: Lille land stort hjerte (small country big heart) - collecting money to support 10 different relief organizations like Red Cross, Unicef, Save the Children, Doctors Without Borders etc. to help fight extreme poverty. I just hope that the Danes have not been discouraged by the negative press but still wants to contribute like the previous years.

Source


No comments: