Sunday, October 18, 2015

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon - Final Update

Source

All good and true book-lovers practice the pleasing and improving avocation of reading in bed.... No book can be appreciated until it has been slept with and dreamed over. 

Eugene Field, Love Affairs of a Bibliomaniac (1896)


49 pages into The Templar Legacy by Steve Berry and time is up - The readathon has officially ended. At least I started on a new book and expect to finish it during the upcoming week. Was recommended this book as parts of it takes place in my home city, Copenhagen.


OK, so a little disappointed that I only read 439 pages, completed only two books and started reading a third. I had expected to do more considering how many books I read in my staycation besides being crafty (knitting and card making). 

Oh well! But it might be my body adjusting getting back to work again (started Thursday). But I still enjoyed every moment as got to do one of my most treasured things: reading the printed word :o) Just putting the mobile on silent for 24 hours - only randomly checking blogs: mostly to see progress by other readers in the readathon.

And just realized: this little blog turns 7 today.

No comments: