Thursday, February 4, 2010

Me first!! ME FIRST!!!!!!!!!

Nope, those words never come out of my mouth - at least not in that combo........

Well lately a lot of people have gone totally nuts, forgetting all about common, decent behaviour and a common denominator for all of them: they actually blame the snow for their bad behaviour...

"Liar, Liar, pants on fire!!" It is the worst excuse ever!!

Now our local newpapers write about "snow rage", "road rage" and the list just continues... it is getting more and more about the "Me first!! ME FIST!!!!!!!!" -it really makes me sick. Suddenly rules, common polite behaviour do no apply anymore, and it seems like everybody is fighting everybody. A newpaper editorial mentioned something about the situation in Haiti - either everybody is trying to be all about me-first or all about kindness to the person being next to you, helping out even though that person might be a total stranger - and the people in between have kinda given up.

I remember a newspaper article from the time just before the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing - it explained who the Chinese had to learn how to wait in line for something..... Actually I didn't think much of it - that is just until I had the chance to go to China... Waiting in line/queue??!! Forget about it - their cultural background is soo different than ours, and what we find normal might be quite the opposite out there....

People are saying that the world is getting smaller and smaller - due to communication technolog and the means of transport - but changing behaviour just because of several snowstorms


My wandering thoughts then made me think about Easter and daffodils. Daffodils.... aka Narcissus in Latin... aka the ancient Greek myth abouth the boy who fell in love with his reflection in the water.......

OK why did my thoughts end up there..... Easter does not necessarily mean no snow, since we have experienced snow during Easter a couple of times.... and some people claim that yellow is the color of envy... Was it the daffodils Latin name, that came up because of this blog post's title...

One of my fellow bloggers chose the word of her year 2010 to be "respect" - let me just put it like this "I hear you girl!!!"

1 comment:

Melanie's Randomness said...

It's funny I'm talking to one of my friends about how my boss just isn't acting right, ya know common courtesy. I totally agree with you, people are acting weird & I don't think its about the weather. Some people have turned into brats. I really wonder why?!?!