Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Moon IS Bigger Tonight....

Why did that title just remind me of the scene, where Jim Carrey pulls the moon closer to Earth to impress Jennifer Aniston in the movie "Bruce Almighty"?

Read the news yesterday, that this weekend's full moon is supposed to be the biggest in the past 20 years. I decided to check out when the moon was going to appear locally so I could see this phenomenon with my own eyes .... and suddenly I am singing like Sandra Bullet in her guest appearance in the Muppet Show" while writing this, and for once I can litterally blame the full moon for my sudden urge to sing.

Ok.... sidetrack... Back to the full moon. I brought my camera with me and decided to try to capture the event. It did appear bigger than usual :o)


When looking at the moon, my mind always start to wander as it fuels my imagination.... thinking back to childhoold tales about the moon....and I am just happy that I brought my camera.



3 comments:

Karen said...

A fabulous shot of the moon. I hope to see it tonight and photograph it.

Scientific Housewife said...

Looks awesome!

Birdie said...

Nice to know we were both looking at the moon for the same reason. Was beautiful and photo captured it.