Sunday, February 26, 2012

Powerful Women

Perhaps I have a soft spot, when it comes to movies with Meryl Streep, but in my book, she is one of the greatest acresses and looking at her movie CV a very diverse list of roles. To name a few "The French Lieutenant's Woman", "Kramer vs Kramer", "Out of Africa", "Death Becomes her", "Julie & Julia", "The Devil Wears Prada", "Mama Mia", "It's Complicated"...OK you get it :o) I Like her movies.


I grew up hearing Margareth Thatcher's name in the news - I knew that she was the primeminister of UK, that the Russians had nicknamed her "The Iron Lady" and that was pretty much it. Later I got to know more about her politics and some of the areas where she has made footprints in the history book - since London is always one of my favourite destinations I feel, that I ought to know more about the history of the country, that I love to visit.

When I heard, that Meryl Streep was going to portray the Iron Lady in a movie, it immediately came on my must-see movie list, and thought I had to see it, before the Oscar winners are presented tonight. I know that there is such a thing as really good makeup, but that can only be a small part of her being Margareth Thatcher. Can help wondering what it must be like to go home from a movieset at night, to rest/relax before meeting on the set the following morning: How much does a role like that affect feelings and thoughs while making a movie like this? Anyways this movie is a gripping portrayal of a politician's life and it has convinced me to pick up Margareth's biography next time that I am in England, and while reading that, I might have Meryl's appearence as her on my mind.

Fingers crossed for Meryl Streep winning her third Oscar as best acress in a leading role. 




2 comments: