Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Yarn Bombing a Library

My own photo of the yellow PacMan ghost
Imagine my surprise when I saw two photos of the yarn bombed dust/garbage bin, that I decorated last year on International Yarn Bomb Day, on the internet last week. There is going to be a 48hour event here in Copenhagen in end of April, where the front of a local library will be yarn bombed, so my yellow PacMan ghost is on their facebook page and the photo is included in a mini-exhibit at the library as an eye opener for the upcoming event. The final result of the event should be visible for people to see when passing the library until September 1st.

The organizer's challenged me, so I am going to participate in the event - it has already stolen some time as the embroidery needle and knitting needles have already attached the yarn stash in my apartment. Head immediately popped with ideas, so this is going to be lots of fun

Copenhagen, Denmark
The same day, that I discovered the yarn bombing event, I spotted this yarn bombed bicycle in my neighborhood ... and following photos, I have caught with my camera the last few years.

Copenhagen, Denmark

Copenhagen, Denmark

Køge, Denmark

Køge, Denmark

Copenhagen, Denmark

Copenhagen, Denmark

The Swedish group Stickkontakt's "It aint over il the fat lady knits"

So stay tuned - I will revert with more news and photos when the library has been decorated - and maybe some sneak peaks of my contributions :o)

1 comment:

Judith Mercado said...

Very creative. What fun!