Sunday, December 27, 2009

When everything else fail...

Went out last night for a cup of coffee at what seemed to be a cosy local coffee shop chain...

Well that visit lasted for about 5 seconds, as I was met with smoke.... Yikes! Welcome the the 21st century where smoking apparently still a allowed in public places in some countries.


All during my childhood I was subject to secondhand smoking and doctors found that to be the 'cause of my asthma (well that actually dissapeared when the MS took over) - and yes I am a non-smoker myself...


So when that decision failed, I turned to "good old" Starbucks - where smoking is not allowed. I know... sometimes I wish that I could turn back times ... but in occations like this, I am happy that there is a smoking ban in public places...so this type of progress through time is just up my alley....


The picture is of another local Starbucks here in Barcelona......


3 comments:

Melanie's Randomness said...

woa its been so long since Ive been somewhere where you can smoke. I didn't know there were Starbucks in Spain?!?! I thought it was just an American chain. Yeesh!!

Anne said...

Ahh...they are all over the world - HongKong, Thailand, France, Germany, Austria, UK, Denmark just to name a few countries, where I've seen them.

Clare said...

I enjoy going out to coffee shops/ resturants netc far more now since smoking was banned.