Sunday, January 16, 2011

World Wide News Clippings

Papercraft Inspirations Magazine - a UK magazine that finds its way into my mailbox every month. Amazingly enough, it has been unopened on my desk for a while and today I finally opened it to get some... well yes "inspiration".

My eyes quickly caught the general inchie idea, which I will definately try to incorporate into some of my cards using stamps, pictures etc. :o)

The same article, presenting a how-to regarding the inchies, also briefly mentioned the blog You Can Call Me Gwen .... if you have a spur of creativity you will love her idea!!! Everyday she's making an inchie describing the day...you could call it an alternative diary if you would.

First thought: "That's easy! :o)"... soon to be followed by "Wait!! That's not easy at all!" after having wondering if I could make inchies describing the days that have allready went by this year, which makes her idea even more brilliant.

So now, I will be following her blog and be amazed about her ability to describe her day in an inchie.

This picture is from the blog, You Can Call Me Gwen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, and thank you for the kind words; they fuel my motivational engine (and always seem to come just when I need them most). Bless you for them. Just so you know: my "inchie project" started out as a way to force myself to draw something every day (I figured I had enough talent to manage one inch), but became a "catalog of gratitude" (as one of my Dear Readers called it) for the goodness God puts into my life. It's been a wonderful experience! I hope you'll start your you own niche journal, without worrying about the date: I started mine on March 1, 2010! Thanks again for the kind press!

Karen said...

What a cute idea. I couldn't draw anything that tiny with my MS eyes though.