Monday, July 9, 2012

July 2012 Tea Swap - Part 1

You do know that Pinterest can steel a lot of your time if venturing on to that webpage? On the other hand that site is full of ressources and ideas, that you suddenly remember to use, if you have pinned them.

Fran called the July swap out with a "Hello, Summer" theme, and for me summer is not only nice weather but usually also a little bit of travelling. Soon I realised that I would have to use 3 different techniques if I wanted to created the card idea that popped into my head.

Wanted to make a double card, but had "only" found a tutorial, that will do for some of the idea - and luckily I managed to alter it just a little bit to fit my idea.


The card's front needs to show my interpretation of travelling, and an idea that I got from a pin on Pinterest seemed perfect - plus I do like to do some weaving ;o) I always save maps from my vacations so it was easy to photo copy parts of a Manhattan street map + a US map onto some thin photo paper, however not glossy photopaper as I wanted to ad something more to that frontpage.


I remembered a freebie digistamp from Beyond the Fringe Crafts that I saved about a year ago - made me smile when I first saw it as immediately thinking "Travel souvenirs" - I believe most of us have our "thing" when it comes to travel souvenirs weather it be maps, photos, small replicas, posters etc.

Well this is the swap card as it looked when I sent it off to Jayne :o)



Stamped coloured with COPICs and the red border is WASHI tape.

Enjoy your tea, Jayne :o)

7 comments:

Karen said...

Oh, I love the map idea Anne! I've never been on Pinterest.

Carmen said...

Such a cute card Jayne! I love the mapping you've incorporated on the front and inside of the card. What a great idea! Thanks so much for using my image, I've updated my post to include this lovely card! Blessings! :)

scrapnhawaii said...

WOW, GREAT Idea, Anne! Love that the card pretty symbolizes our little tea swap . . . sharing the love of tea from all over!!

Vicky said...

Great card, love the idea of the pockets inside the card and the use of maps. I too keep maps of places I have been too, I have loads even, though I have not been to as many places as you have.:)

Now you know why I stay from Pinterest, I spend too much time on the internet as it is. lol

Vicky said...

Great card, love the idea of the pockets inside the card and the use of maps. I too keep maps of places I have been too, I have loads even, though I have not been to as many places as you have.:)

Now you know why I stay from Pinterest, I spend too much time on the internet as it is. lol

Mele09 said...

Anne, wonderful creating. Awesome tea swap card!

claire7q said...

That looks like some measuring and folding and cutting were used to make that card. Can you feel my fear?
Looks amazing when you do it though ;)