Friday, September 27, 2013

September Tea Swap 2013 - Part 1

I can not figure out the way the postal transit routes work between Denmark and North America, as a swap sent weeks ago does not seem to have reached the US - whereas a swap sent this Monday reached Canada yesterday?! 3 days transit time -  surprised when my swap partner Susan emailed me saying, that it has already arrived
 
I already had the general idea wheb Fran assigned the partners to us: fall theme with fall's traditional colors. I did not sign up until the day before the deadline, as I wanted to be sure, that I actually had the time and energy to create it and upcoming months looks hecting when browsing my calendar.

A good friend had tipped me regarding the fall teapot image from KaDoodle Bug Design which I decided with paper pieced orange handmade paper from India, leafs punched with a punch from EasyPunch.


Used the image again on the pouch to contain the swap's 2 teabags - colored with COPICs - one side of the tag to go inside the pouch (when you pull up the tag from the pouch, the teabags will surface) decorated with leafs punched with EachPunch'es.


Opposite side of the tag is a freebie paper pattern from Spyder's Corner

 
Voila the finished teapouch.
 
Ensured just a little extra spark/feel of fall, as I included a lot of leafs in autumn colors. The paper used is recycled paper from paper bags (purchases done in India and China): the brownish and red/brown leafs - and handmade paper from India: the orange leafs.
 

Bon appetite with the tea Susan - hope you enjoy it.

No comments: