Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Is a One-Way Street Really a One Way Street.....???


Yes if you think of a one way street in traffic.... yes it is ONE WAY... people still trying to drive in the wrong direction should have their heads examined: do they even realise how many people, that they might endanger by this selfish act?

In some old towns taking a "wrong" one way street might lead you into a labyrinth of one way streets, that you can only navigate safely, if you already know this area, or if you are accompanied by a really accurate GPS.

New cities have a more comprehensive grid of street, where you can make a turn at the next intersection - it might be a one way street or the usual two-way street.....

Sometimes I think of life of going down streets, where you constantly have to take choices - forward, left, right or even a u-turn....

I think of my life of the old parts of town with the labyrinth of one way streets - ended there due to road constructions forcing me to change direction right into that part of town - and I forgot the map... Took a while to find the way out of the labyrinth and now I know how to navigate it most of the time...

My MS diagnosis was the unforeseen road construction leading into a labyringh of uncertainty and rediscovering me and my strenght was my way out to the well known "part of town".... road contructions - my my case the MS attacks - can still occur, but I found out how to navigate away from them most of the time.... The day I truly believe that I reached a dead-end road....then I have given up to the MS... And right now - that is light years away.

No comments: