Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Is It Really Too Much To Ask For??

When saying "Hush!" to somebody, does it really make you an old boring lady??


My nextdoor neighbour haven't been home for weeks, and today he returned to his appartment. I went shopping for groceries at the local supermarket, and I saw the look on the face of my upstairs neighbours when I returned home, and I instantly knew the meaning, without them having uttered one word.

He does not understand the difference between normal/expected noise (when living in an appartment building) and terrorising noise. He makes sure to let people know, that he can hear them walking on the floor upstairs, or the baby crying etc. - But when it comes to noise from his appartment, he calls it a "hetz against him" - and he is loud all hours of a day, eventhough the building rules does not allow loud noises after 10:00 PM (except for Friday and Saturday) just to secure people's rest before going to work etc. the following day.

We have tried to be nice to him, gently telling him, that he was making too much noise - formal complaints about him to the building owners, once in a while the cops has been summoned (even by next door buildings annoyed by his noise).....  

.... and he's the one who have called me an old boring lady, when I have asked him to keep his noise down.... my hair is not even grey or with stains of grey (well maybe 7-8 hairs, but...)...

Normal noise level, when you can hear that you actually have neighbours, makes the place alive... Too much noise around the clock, and you get stressed and your boss+colleagues can easily spot, when your sleep was disrupted the night before. Stress is not good for anybody - even worse when you have MS to deal with. Moving is NOT an option - I moved into this appartment building years before him, and I have had no complaints....

But what to do..??

I need to locate my ear plugs.......

1 comment:

Scientific Housewife said...

It's tough to keep apartment neighbors quiet without being rude, a lot of the time they just don't care. I hope it works out though.