Monday, February 14, 2011

Hearts 1:1

Happy Valentine's Day

If you know me in person, you would know that Valentine's Day has never meant much to me (being or not being in a relationsship: my viewpoint is the same) - instead I have teased other people and simply asked "Well did you forget about my birthday yesterday?"

Then again: people knowing me know, that I would never spoil their great day, when a loved one has surprised them with something from the heart :o)

Last year (November) a friend of mine was hospitalized at Rigshospitalet in Copenhagen, Denmark. On my way from her room, I found a exhibition just next to the main entrance. A local photographer, Agnete Schlichtkrull, has photographed street art in Copenhagen - all of them with different shapes of hearts during a period of two years. Some of her amazing photos were on display (you can actually buy them as postcards etc from her gallery in Copenhagen) and was able to make most people smile.

You can find overview with some of her heart pictures here.

No comments: