Sunday, November 29, 2009

And there it was.....

I just walked by a store in an area of the city, I don't usually go to....and there it was... my scooter.... Have forgotten all about it - and just seeing this in the window brought back childhood memories...... I just had to buy it - and it didn't cost much :o)

Remember bugging my parents and family to give me one of these, but noooo - got a red firetruck, a red London bus etc... but never the scooter.... I loved red... and I loved scooters ever since I watched the movie "Roman Holiday" with Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck on tv - makes me smile when I see the scooters on the streets in Italy - and when scooters in general just had their renaissance a couple of years ago: everywhere you looked the Vespas ruled.

1 comment:

Melanie's Randomness said...

Ohhhh!! I love Roman Holiday. That's one of my favorite movies. I like when he puts his hand in the walls mouth. hehe. Aww this is cute. Glad you found one!!