Friday, November 20, 2009

Too many ideas

Still havent decided where I am going for my escape-my-family-Christmas holiday (see my post from yesterday)... and I keep getting new ideas about where to go.....



This is the Little Mermaid in Copenhagen (yes, she is tiny) - believe it or not, she's leaving Copenhagen next year to be part of the Danish pavillion at the World Expo in Shanghai next year... Not all Danes are comfortable with the fact, that she has to be away from her spot in Copenhagen Harbour for a while...



London - one of my favourite cities... I know my way around the city and no longer need a map as this city as come to my rescue a dusin+ times already. By now it feels like a home away from home.... and I always find places that I havent seen before... Uhhh LondonWalk - highly recommended - if you want to see another side of London you should chose one of the many walks offered for only 5-7£ (Jack the Ripper, Sherlock Holmes, GhostWalk, Charles Dickens Christmas Walk etc.)...

But choosing London again would just be too easy..... needs to be somewhere new... or should I take up one of the offers from my friends abroad to stay at their homes for a while.... ok maybe somewhere where I can at least communicate just a little bit..... ok - that would just leave it wide open, as I have insight in some of the following languages English, Japanese, French, Spanish, German, Danish (hence also some of the other Scandinavial languages) and a little Italian (no have never lived abroad and my parents can only speak their native language).... I am travelling alone which is why I prefer a place where I can understand what the locals are telling me....


Or maybe I should just find a place with this type of chairs - where I can start writing a book, that has been in my head for a long time - I actually dont think it will ever be published, but will instead be a "wow never knew that I could actually do it": see one thing is having the idea in my head, but getting it down on paper... That's a big challenge..... 'cause could I ever be patient enough to finish it??

Rumour has it, that the closer we get to Christmas the more vacations will be on sale due to this whole financial crisis thing, where people is now saving their money rather than saving it... I might pick one of the package-vacations on sale and simply let the best offer win...

Now somebody will freak out - but I dont need to plan my vacation in details. I'm used to my job offering to go somewhere (of course to work, but there is always a little spare time to meet the locals or see one or more seights) - sometimes only with one hour notice and then I have to be ready at the airport..... Some of my vacations actually arise as a kind of "spur of the moment"...

I dont see myself as crazy - but try to picture this: in high school I was one of the invisible girls, who would almost blend into the wall, shy beyond belief, who prefered to sit in a corner reading a good book (often more advance than the reading material my class usually picked).......

(Btw all the pictures has been captured by me on past vactions...)

No comments: