Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Is TimeTravel possible....???

I say it is... actually in some way. You just have to pick up a book. Books... I love being in a different world when I read- at least it feels like I am somewhere completely different.

When ever I go travelling it is usually by airplane - you will always find some passenger that is grumpy already before he/she boards the plane: "Travelling is such a waste of time!". Waste??!! Just pick up a good book, let it absorp you - and before you know it, you are at your destination... The past few years I have read a great number of books due to my many travels..

But books are also a relief... when I go to the hospital every 4-6 weeks to get the Tysabri-treatment for my MS, I always bring a book. Sometimes the time is spent talking to others diagnosed with MS, other times I just want to forget about the fact that MS is part of my life and the books help me drift into another world, where MS is not there... If you met me on the street you would never guess, that I have MS because I life a almost normal life. Almost as in I do have to pay attention to what I eat and I have to go to the hospital to get my medicine...


And did you know, that the UK have zero tax/vat on books, as they are considered educational ... howcome we don't have that??

I have too many books - at least according to my bookshelves that are screaming for more place - books that I have read, that is not a "keeper" I pass on to friends, who I think might have a good time reading that book - it is then theirs to keep or pass it on to others.

Recently the library was re-discovered - at least my world... When did I stop going to the library and check-out/borrow books? Now I have become a regular... If I hadn't, stacks of books would be everywhere in my department, and I am actually saving money (books are expensive where I live, so books are usually bought when I travel - which is why I have membership cards to Borders, Barnes&Noble, Books Etc., Waterstones etc...)

If you know a must-read book - share it!! Please :o)

1 comment:

Melanie's Randomness said...

Ohhh I hear ya girl on the reading. I love to read. There is nothing like getting lost in a good book. =)

Thank for your comment earlier. Your right my friends are a like um I don't know what to tell ya. I can barely drink soda at the moment. I envy you for the cocoa cola = ). It's adjustment. I'm glad to hear your getting a handle on things for ya. I'm going to follow your blog too, so wanted to ya Hi hi!! =)