Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Will


The Swedish writer, Liza Markund, has written several crime novels about the journalist Annika Bengtzon and I have read a couple of them. Must admit that I prefer her Danish competitor Sarah Blædels books, but still find them ok.

So when the adaption of one of the books "The Will" (Nobels testamente) hit the cinemas I decided to go in and see it..... ehhmmm... Maybe I had too many expectations?... Or maybe it is not always a good idea to read a book and then watch a movie based on that book? Felt like something was missing when I left the cinema: Maybe it was the two hours spent in there?

3 comments:

Karen said...

Movies rarely live up to the book.

Vicky said...

Poetic licence is not always a good thing when it comes to transfering a book to film. I don't think I have seen a good film adaptation of any book. But I still go to see them, as I love films.

Rosemary said...

I'm so with you here, I sometimes find myself enjoying a movie or series less after reading the books because I start nitpicking what isn't included and the way it was adapted, and so on. From the ad poster it looks kind of mysterious and good. Sorry you wasted the two hours. I say the same thing when a movie is a bust.