Sunday, June 3, 2012

Happy That Yesterday Is History



People will adapt
to just about anything
if stable and known.

A constant shifting
of what constitutes normal
makes acceptance hard.

A slap in the face.
One thinks this cannot get worse.
By golly, it does.




Yesterday was just one of those days you wish, that you had never encountered - a true slap in the face as Judy describes it in her Haiku poem. Normally I like getting old fashined letter in the mail box.... just not the kind of letter that I received yesterday.

A while ago I received a letter with the result of the yearly MRI scan: the MS seems to be sleeping - creating a big smile on my face. Yesterday that smile faced severely as I was notified that I have tested positive for a virus that enhances the chances of getting a serious sideeffect when getting my MS treatment. The doctors are now considering if I should stay with the current MS treatment or start a completely different one.

Head is spinning with different scenarioes - one of the dominant ones is: will the new kind of treament have the same positive effect as the current one?

As usually when I want to clear my head a bit I went walking in the nearby park with my camera, and the majority of flowers blooming had the color blue/purple .......... just like my thoughts. Was happy when I found some colorful ones reminding me that I am grateful, that I have so far managed so well... and yet I can not stop wondering if that virus might change everything.

5 comments:

Judy said...

I am so sorry at this terrible news. I hope you can find a replacement treatment that works just as well without the horrible risk. Yet, I know the options are limited. I wish you well. Thank you for honoring my poem.

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I know this virus is an unknown thing to have to deal with...but so glad your MRI was good...and beautiful flowers

Rosemary said...

I'm so sorry that your day was clouded by such grim news. You're terrific to use a walk to clear your head and capture beauty. I will say prayers for your health and treatment. Sending you big cyber hugs all the way from the East Coast of the U.S.A.

Karen said...

I'm sorry you got bad news. I know the TY was working well for you. I hope you and your doctors will be able to reach a decision soon.

Vicky said...

I am sorry to hear about your bad news, but with the positive outlook you I am sure you will deal with this like anything else upsetting that has happened in your life thus far.