Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Knitter's Café

Tonight I am going to the Knitter's Café at my favourite yarn shop.

I hope, that the shop owner can help me track down the pattern for these mittens. I had a pair of these when I was about 5 years old, and it was not until recently that I saw this picture in London and was hurled back memory lane.

The memories that popped into my mind, was the innocent belief in the existence of Santa Clause and innocent unawareness of all the arguements that seem to rule my family year after year during the gathering at X-mas. Knowing that these mittens will not be a time machine, but I do think they will give me a piece of quiet joy, since again this year I have opted not to celebrate X-mas with my family.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Great mittens, I wish I could knit...
Cheers

Rosemary said...

These are beautiful mittens and I hope that you are able to find the pattern. I'm sorry that the holidays bring out a great deal of stress in your family. I hope the mittens, when you make them, bring you that quiet happiness.