Sunday, May 29, 2011

Thunder and Lightning


This would be a dream shot picture from me, but the windows of my appartment does not offer a good photography view, when thunder and lightning is in the air. Lightning is one of Mother Nature's many wonders letting us know, that she controls Nature and not us.

Until I was a teenager I was scared when ever thunder and lightning was nearby, but it turned out that it was my mother who projected her fear into me also, which I did not realise until I was a teenager. Since that I also loved having a hot cup of cocao or tea, when thunder was around )we lived in the country side with lots of big trees al around, and bedrooms was on the second floor, so living room on first floor was a lot safer) just sitting and watching all the lightning and counting seconds to see how far away the lightning may have struck.

Think the tradition of getting downstairs goes back to the days, when a lot of houses had thatched roofs - but our dog was always barking so loud at the thunder, that we could not sleep anyway. Even now - living in an appartment in the city - I still get up and have my cup of tea but sadly without the good view.


2 comments:

Karen said...

I was afraid of thunder and lightening for years. I still don't like it, but at least I don't go hide in the closet anymore!

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Yes thunder and lightening are beautiful, well if it does not strike too near....