Saturday, August 21, 2010

4 Simple Goals.... 2nd Update

Fingerless gloves aka wrist warmers.

Ever been cold indoors (due to draft or a malfunctioning aircon)?? I decided, that it would be too much to wear gloves indoors, but needed an alternative, so I can stay warm indoors and be able to hit the correct keys on my computer's keyboard. Since I have challenged myself to be more creative, I did not buy them but set out to make them myself.

I found a pattern here - I took me four knitted attemps before I made something acceptable to wear. I used black yarn for my first pair, as it blends in with most my work attire (conservative office look) and made a matching Knit-Wit rosette (circular).


Had some difuculties with the photos, I could not take the picture of them while wearing them, so decided that some gloves could assist a bit... also the result is kindda dark, but even in reallife you have to get up close to see the rosettes. But know I know the basics and will try to make some more with colors matching some of my clothes.


3 comments:

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Those are awesome and totally handy!

Rosemary said...

These are great and yes, I've been in a too cold environment where you don't want the a/c off, you just wish it weren't set at "meat locker." I can see the embellishment, very difficult to photograph a dark project but this is good.

Chantele Cross-Jones said...

I wish I could knit properly I can only do scarves, lol!

Daisy Dayz Home
Cross-Jones-Photography Home