Monday, August 16, 2010

4 Simple Goals.... Baby steps

I realised today that my 3rd attempt on a project, that I started last week, was not quite right either..... Undid it all.... Actually I do not feel to bad about it, because I firmly believe, that I can learn from my mistakes.. and yet: want to wait a few days before beginning on the fourth attempt.

Bought a magazine today, which included a picture of a crochet pattern + the pattern itself.... resembling the granny square pattern and yet being totally different.... still something with yarn, but complete different on what I was originally working on today....

Saw a YouTube link a while ago to a crochet granny square tutorial - using that as a guideline it seemed possible...



I made my first granny square using a crochet needle a bit oversized for the yarn used, but still gave me a chance to get to know the granny pattern myself.... in fact this is also my first attempt on crocheting...yep a bit uneven at the edges, but again my first attempt.....

Maybe I want to do a project with crocheted granny squares someday.. if I can do this, can I crochet some flowers, that I can use when making cards? The possibilities seem endless, and my creative idea list is once again growing....

No comments: