Monday, August 2, 2010

48 Hour Read-a-Thon Update #2

I did it... yeah :o) Finished the second/last book on my reading list yesterday: "Cathedral of the Sea" by Ildefonso Falcones.



Fell asleep afterwards, as all this reading has put my internal clock upside down - when you are living alone and getting totally absorbed by a book, you sometimes forget to go to bed....oh well - not exactly forgetting the bed, but forgetting about time and place.... Luckily I was able to catch up on the sleep before a new work week started, but decided to wait with this update until I was well rested.

After having read this book - I want to go back to Barcelona again. Loove that city - and reading this book, albeit taking place more than +600 years ago, you could kind of fell the atmosphere from the city's old area... It was actually a friend of mine that suggested that I read the book - He actually choose to have his vacation in Barcalona after reading the book.

The genre of the book reminds me a bit about "London" and "NewYork" by Edward Rutherfurd - and yet Ildefonso has his own style, but can wait to read more by him.

Well domestic must-dos await, as they were neglected this weekend :o)

1 comment: