Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What Could I Possibly....

have in common with Karl Lagerfeld?!

Sometime people surprises you, and I just read the following quote:

They are a hard-bound drug with no danger of an overdose. I am the happy victim of books. 
Karl Lagerfeld

Yep, I fully agree. My book shelves are the evidence thereoff. I litterally have stacks of books that I have yet to read. Going on the bus, train, airplanes etc. and you will see me reading a book. Just before sleepy time at night: at least one chapter is read in a book... and I do actually have time for other passions besides books :o)

Parting with books is diffucult, unless it has captured me less than others and I might know somebody who would appreciate that particular book more than me. Kindda pass-it-forward attitude, where a book can wander until it finds an owner really appreciating it and wants to keep it.

3 comments:

Melanie's Randomness said...

I have a hard time letting go of books too. I'm moving soon & I have to part with some of them & it's really hard! Great quote! I agree with it too!

Lynzy said...

I just received your lovely letter! I have yours but I have been meaning to buy stamps so that I can mail it :)

Now following you!
xo Lynzy
http://fromskirtstoskillets.blogspot.com

Scientific Housewife said...

I am the same way. If I love a book, I want to keep it for my library. If I don't, I use swaptree.com to swap it for another book. I love reading!