Sunday, August 1, 2010

48 Hour Read-a-Thon - Update

Finished the first of the two books on my Read-a-Thon list :o)

Maggie Sefton's latest novel "Skein of the Crime" about the Kelly and her friends at the knitting shop Lambspun, knitting away while solving the latest murder... As mentioned on cover of the book, Publishers Weekly resemble Kelly and her friends with the tv-series "Friends" - I was a fan of Friends from the first time I even saw an episode. Somehow Kelly also reminds me a bit about Miss Marple, with her clever questions and ability to solve a murder.... There's a mix of both in Maggie's books about Kelly and her friends - and placing the "scenery" in a creative environment, that got my attention.

Alas, I should have known. Reading that book suddenly gave me creative ideas, so I "just had to" create a card = a break from reading, as the creative urge was too strong

"Alas"..... omg, have I been reading too much Shakespeare lately?? Why am I suddenly starting to use that word?  Maybe I need some sleep.

No comments: