Saturday, September 17, 2011

Fantastic Voyage

The other day, I saw something on a screen that somewhat reminded me of the 1966 science fiction movie "Fantastic voyage" - doing something inside the human body without  leaving too many visible scars behind.


The settings of this "movie" was acutally inside my knee (without the miniature format of persons being present in there), as I had a menisectomy done - weird feeling watching the inside of your knee and then see the removal of cartilage. Sometimes words come out of my mind before I actually consider, what I saying and suddenly the nurse + surgeon had to stop: they were laughing too much about the comment I just flung out there "Wow it looks like candyfloss being twirled on a stick!" - Candy floss is never going to be the same again, but not a great loss since I never really like candy floss, but I think just seing somebody make it in the future, and I will start laughing

Have to rest for a while, and then it is going to be small steps back to the photowalks - I will use the time making more christmas cards, weaving more hearts and even start a sewing project that I have postponed far too long already. Adapting to the temporary circumstances and making the most of it :o)

3 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Good for you!
Don't forget to take photos of all that craftiness....just sayin'....

claire7q said...

Feeling slightly queasy now. I have a delicate disposition, don't you know....

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Rest all you need! It is time to get ready for Christmas cards:)