Saturday, September 3, 2011

Things You Take For Granted

Ever passed by a place reguarly - you notice what is there, and yet you do not really realise what you see?? Sounds cryptic? Where to begin...?

Yesterday I had a downer of a day. Did receive some good news at the beginning of the day, but so much paperwork needs to be done/changed because of it ... then work .... then problems caused by my knee (can not wait for that minor knee operation)....... argh!!

Then last night, Petra emailed me since, I was one of the random picked winners for this card which resulted in me having 3 wonderful new digistamps to play with. Mood lifted to happy spirit again and thing a thought hit me......

My fascination of hot air ballons - I know it dates back to my childhood, but have not really realised the cause until now.. something I passed with the bus once in a while, which would fuel my imagination. Browsed through my photos and laughed when I found this:


It was made by the artist Henry Heerup and is a commercial for a travel insurace company. The weird thing here is not only that I discovered the source of my fascination - I am also a member of the Museum Friends at the artist's museum.

2 comments:

Birdie said...

Congratulations on your win!

After reading this, add the following to your some day itinerary. You won't be disappointed. http://www.nationalballoonclassic.com/default.aspx

Anne-Marie said...

Strange how some things can affect us on a deep level....for me, it's always been the sight of a patchwork quilt....didn't have them growing up, but would see them in American films, and would be fascinated with the look, fabric,colours etc.
Just made a steampunk hot air balloon card for my son's birthday!