Friday, December 16, 2011

December 16th - Christmas Beer


In 1981 Tuborg launched the Tuborg Julebryg (Tuborg Christmas Brew), and it has almost become an "institution" amongst our Danish Christmas Tradition. With its volume of 5,6% I for obvious reasons did not taste it until 10 years later - however I was familiar with the commercial :o) It is one of my favourite beers.


These beers are currently in my kitchen - the two middle ones have a vol of less than 2% and is a hvidtøl (also known as nisseøl.), that are consumed well with our risengrød (has some similarities with rice pudding), that we have a lot during the month of December with a dash of butter and cinnamon/sugar. The beer to the far right is a Christmas ale, that fits our Christmas dinners and Christmas lunches and is the stongest with vol 7,5%


4 comments:

Karen said...

Wow, Christmas beer, Christmas tea, I want to move to Denmark!

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I have not seen these Christmas drinks but they look festive

Rosemary said...

What a great tradition to look forward too and those labels are cool looking! I guess I'm a crafter when I think of soaking them off the bottles to use for something crafty!

Rosemary said...

What a great tradition to look forward too and those labels are cool looking! I guess I'm a crafter when I think of soaking them off the bottles to use for something crafty!