Tuesday, December 20, 2011

December 20th - Honningkagehjerte (Honey cake Heart)


For me, Christmas is not approaching until I have eaten a honningkagehjerte (honey cake heart).... and it has to be one with a glossy picture of Santa.

The actual size of this one is the size of my palm, but they come in bigger and smaller sizes also. For me this is the size it has to be. Basically is a honey cake covered with dark chocolate and it is scrumptious. I only eat one per year, making it that much more special to eat. Besides we are swamped in so many types of Christmas cookies during the month of December, so one better not eat too many of just one kind :o)

5 comments:

Karen said...

Honey hearts are a long time tradition in Hubber's family!

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I have not seen these before but I am sure I would like them! Delicious tradition

hckd said...

They sound so yummy.. I wonder if I could find a recipe for them.. my family members would love eating anything with honey and chocolate in them.. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas !

Rosemary said...

I love that you have such a tradition - you make it sound delicious and quite special. Hope you enjoyed it thoroughly!

Vicky said...

Sounds scrumptious!