Tuesday, December 6, 2011

December 6th - Weaved Hearts




Weaved hearts - on of the most famous Danish traditions worldwide, as I have seen them in more and more countries the past couple of years. The first known weaved heart was created in the colors of green and yellow by Hans Christian Anderson, the famous fairy tale writer, as a small gift to a little girl. Later on the traditional colors became red and white and is seen a lot of places at the moment back home in Denmark.


A lot of stores offers pre-cut hearts and this is just an example of the other color combinations, that you can try.

My second blog has both a basic how-to on weaving hearts but also reflects my pursuit of folding 366 different ones within a calendar year - just before I started the blog, I realised that I could easily find 250+ patterns, and are still stumbling accros new patterns.


This was in a Danish magazine a while ago, and reminded me of the heart patterns that I am currently trying out



1 comment:

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I like these hearts....I received one in the mail:) it is beautiful. Thank You....I may show it in my blog