Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Beginnings


Entering a new year means one thing: have to buy new calendar pages for my mini Filofax and insert important info.
  

It has almost become a ritual, as I use some of my crafty mini stamps to illustrate events/celebrations/holidays - along with transferring important dates from previous calendar into the new one. Usually this is done end of November, but this time I used the very last day to update the new calendar.



The markings of various events etc. has become quite international because of my work, friends and the participation at PaperCraftPlanet - but then again this is was is making my calendar unique, a reflection of what I do during a year, and which cards to send that needs to be sent. A calendar like this in a bag - that is a very personal thing and for me a lifeline.

I do remember most of my New Years, but one in particular stand out. 30 years ago, I had received a calendar with horses (new postcard picture every month) and I remember saying "Happy New Year!" at the stroke of midnight, then running to my room to change the page to January 1982

4 comments:

Karen said...

And I thought I was the only one that still kept things organized on a paper calendar! I like the way you use your stamps.

Anne said...

Uhhhh think it is a good thing, that halloween is not a big thing locally, because since when is it on October 30th?? *sigh* just spotted that dum mistake.......

Vicky said...

Just noticed that this year is Chinese Year of the Dragon - I was born in a Dragon year. So should be a good year for me. Thanks Anne.

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Sweet memory of 1982!