Sunday, January 22, 2012

Relections on Closed Doors


Browsing through the few pictures I took yesterday, I realise just how much one's mood influences the things that are captured with a camera - closed doors/gates were a dominant eyecatcher for me.

Still marked by the opinions thrown at me last week, that also includes: You are single, hence you have nothing by free time, when the workday ends. Or: you live alone - hence hiding for people in general. What!?! They didn't even want to hear if could prove them wrong.

Maybe I am single but that does not keep me for travelling or going to restaurants alone. Nor from going to cinemas or exhibitions alone neither grap my camera and go for my photowalks and occationally bumping into people, that shares my interest for photography and hence exchanging good opportunities for a nice photo. So many of those throwing those annoying opinions at me are scared of going to the cinema or restaurant alone not to speak of travelling alone. Why is it, that they want to spoil my mood??!!

Reading yesterday's blogpost and the above, made me remember when Starbucks printed people's words on their paper cups - I really miss them, as there were some wise words on them. One in particular I wrote down in the moleskin notebook that is always in by (hand)bag: The Way I See It #17:

The world bursts at the seams with people ready to tell you you're not good enough. On occasion, some may be correct. But do not do their work for them. Seek any job; ask anyone out; pursue any goal. Don't take it personally when they say "no" they may not be smart enough to say "yes".

Keith Olbermann
Broadcast journalist and
Best of MSNBS's Countdown with Keith Olbermann

2 comments:

Petra said...

Anne, I find that it is usually close-minded people that make comments like that. And yes, I agree, they are scared of the very lifestyle that you do lead, you are independant and you should be proud of it. Don't let them ruin your happy stance and take on life. You know there are so many of us who love you just the way you are.

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Keep going out and taking neat photos...life is life, whether single or not.