..... or Spicy Crayfish Soup. Maybe you remember me blogging about this - and here is the promised recipe:
Ingredients (serves 6)
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 teaspoons curry
2 onions - chopped in small pieces
1 teaspoon garlic powder (or 1 fresh)
1 teaspoon sambal oelek
2 cans chopped tomatoes
2,5 deciliter water
2 boullion cubes (chicken)
200 grams choppedpeaches from a can (in own juice)
½ can coconut milk
400 grams lobster tails or crayfish tails (a mix of both is good too)
- Fry the curry, onion, garlic and sambal oelek in the oil.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, water, boullion cubes, 2 deciliter peach juice and let it simmer for about 15 minutes (at low temperatures)
- Blend the above into a thick soup and let it boil for a few minutes
- If you are making this dish in advance, remove it from the heat - and reheat it a couple of minutes
- Add the peaches and the coconut milk just before serving the dish
Serve dish with kroepock (prawn crackers).
Tip - if you or one of your guests think, that the dish is too spicy, gently add a little of the leftover coconut milk.
BON APPETIT !!