Saturday, May 19, 2012

Crafter's Tea Party 1st Swap - Part 1

Over at PaperCraftPlanet, a group has been revived and is now up an running: Crafter's Tea Party.... the history of tea was told and the first tea swap launched, where we were to use flowers.

Before creating this card, I started to think about my history with tea. Drank my first cups of tea (with lots of sugar) at the neighbour's house when we lived at the country side - had only tasted tea until then, but never liked it, as our house only had the vile tea, Medova, that was a household tea back then in a lot of houses. The neighbours were drinking English Breakfast. Their china tea cups were white with blue flowers or Dutch windmills.

Then it was tea at a friend's house, where the family gathered at 4PM, ate a toasted piece of bread with butter and drank a cup of Earl Grey tea with milk. That was my first encounter with the big yellow Twinings tin with the tea (have a tin of my own now for tea storage).

In the teenage years, we girls always drank pots of tea while visiting eachother's houses: no milk and sugar, and mainly forrest berries tea.


Chose some white/blue designer paper from Panduro Hobby as it reminded me of the first tea cups of tea, and then used Meljen's digistamp, Fancy Little Teapot, coloured with my copics.


Also made a pouch to hold the two teabags, that I sent to my swap partner Mary Anne - the designpaper is actually the backside of the designpaper used for the card. Ribbon in shimmering green color from Søstrene Grene and a miniature version of the Meljen digistamp.


Read somewhere that Mary Anne's preference regarding tea, is black tea... perfect!! I could incorporate some of my tea history with the chosen teabags: Earl Grey from Twinings and organic EarlGrey from Fredsted (Danish tea company). Sentiment used is from Taylored Expressions' CreativiTea stamp set.

1 comment: