Sunday, May 13, 2012

TeaSwap May 2012 - Part 2

As mentioned Friday, we had to incorporate flowers, red and green into this months swap card. I have seen some fabulous spinner cards lately (even received one on my birthday in February) and decided to go out of my comfort zone and create a spinner card for this month's tea swap partner, Dori.


Found the blog post, where I had found a wonderful spinner card and later bookmarked/pinned because it had a how-to so I could explore that technique and try to create one. Green paper are a freebie from a UK craft magazine, Papercraft Essentials - sentiment and teapot stamps are from Taylored Expressions' CreativiTea set. Wanted to use that teapot as the spinner, since this tea swap is travelling from Denmark to Hawaii....


Wish that spring was really here - we get a couple of good days, then back to cold weather, where that summer jacket does not seem warm enough, but refuse to take the wintercoat out again. Lots of tea is made, so send Dori samles of two tea flavours that have been brewing the most lately: PUKKA vanilla chai and YogiTea ginger.

4 comments:

Rosemary said...

Hi Anne! Sorry I haven't been over to visit, so much going on. Your spinner card is MARVELOUS. What a lovely treat for its recipient. The teas you tucked inside sound quite nice.

We've had some crazy weather here; one day it is so warm you turn on the air conditioning and then the evening is quite chilly. I agree with you - not bad enough to pull out the winter coat! Must not do that. LOL

Karen said...

Oh I love the spinner card!

Vicky said...

Great card, love the yellow summery colour.
Maria sent me some "spinner" inserts but have not gotten round to using them yet, something else on my to-do list.

Anne-Marie said...

I've not yet tried this, but you might just have inspired me, lol....and you've made such a pretty job of it, too....love it!