Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Bench....


A throne is only a bench covered with velvet.
Napoleon Bonaparte


This bench is in one of the parks close to my home, already embrasing the fall colours. This is one of my favourite spots, 'cause even though it is in the middle of the city and there is a road behind that road with lots of traffic - it is still a place of tranquility. Yes, I did mention a road and trafic, but you hardly ever notice it when sitting on this bench or on one of the other benches just close to that wall - all the birds, flowers, plants etc. embrace you.

I have done a lot of reading and thinking at this bench, been drinking beveragexs from the local coffee shop watched passers-by and even helped tourists get their bearing of the city. And yet you get the feeling, that the bench changes personality to accomodate the different seasons....

Spring - what will the year bring?
Summer - enjoying life
Fall - embrasing the changes/new things the year has brought
Winter - playtime....maybe a snowman will take a rest on this bench

It feels like I am ruling my little world when relaxing at this little bench - you might call it my personal throne. But it is one I will happily share with others :o)

No comments: