Friday, October 29, 2010

With a Little Swedish Help....

... I am getting just a little bit closer to my 4th goal 4. Baking and other "kitchen stuff" from the 4 Simple goals challenge :o)

I went to Sweden for a prolonged weekend a while ago, and I could not resist buying the baking form and the cookie cutter - these two figures represent something really Swedish: a Dalecarlian Horse (Dalahäst - shaped as the wooden horse dating back to 1624) and a moose (elg). And the shop where I bought it: IKEA. What could be more Swedish?
Friends and familily - they all know, that travelling plays a big part in my life - so they will get the personal touch, when I serve baked cake/cookies for them in these new shapes.

While writing this blog post, I just realised, that I could do something for my fellow MS'ers while getting the treatment at the hospital in December - bake them gingerbread cookies. A lot of them are unable to do it themselves and have to buy cookies at the store unless their friends/families assist them with the home baking - and I will be able to momentarily redirect their thoughts from the MS and give them a taste of Christmas spirit.

1 comment:

Scientific Housewife said...

What a great idea! Love the shape!