Monday, October 10, 2011

My Pins Are Out There

Finally I can reveal it, because the pins have reached the recipients in their mail :o)


I stumbled across Dawn Adcock's free pattern for patriotic ribbon in May and immediately the idea for knitting not only just some patriotic ribbons (American) but also some pink ones to help spread awareness about breast cancer. The following day I went out to buy yarn in the colors red, white, blue and pink and started knitting them.

My American friends got a set of both pins in time for 4th of July, and just by looking at the it reminded me about something that could have been bought at a bazar in the US during WW2 to raise money for the troops etc. The pink pins was not sent out to the non US friends until late September and some can still expect to receive one, since the secret is already out there. For each pink pin made, I have donated approx 1 USD in one of the collection boxes out in the month of October - that is my way of supporting the cause.

4 comments:

Vicky said...

Thank you for mine.

Birdie said...

Still touched by them Legs! Love that you made a donation for each. Can your heart get any bigger?

claire7q said...

They are little works of art, thankyou.

Jill said...

Thanks so much for sending one my way. I am wearing it to work for the whole month of Oct.