Sunday, October 23, 2011

Witches Brew

Three things fuelled the idea for the 3rd card today: Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 140, the Opus Gluei Challenge: Something Wicked This Way Comes and this remarkable comment made by a little girl yesterday in the city: "Mum aren't the witches only working in the summer, because I can't see their bonfire anywhere?!" She was referring to our tradition Skt. Hans taking place every year on June 23rd.


Plenty of Pumkins design paper and black ribbon from Panduro Hobby, COPICS 100 + 04, punch from Martha Stewart, black Versa Color and witch stamp from Inca Stamp, stirred with scissors and double adhesive tape in a witches pot, and you might end up with something like this.

6 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

What a wonderful spellbinding creation....haaaaa!
Really eyecatching, Anne....love it!

Birdie said...

Can't say spooked because it's so cute ;)

claire7q said...

No time for Halloween here - it's Christmas all the way! Loving the witches, d'ya think that's us on our broom sticks?

Electra said...

I think this is really cute too! I love the repetition of the witches!
and spooky at the same time! Thanks for joining us at Opus Gluei!

Deena said...

love the way you interpreted the sketch and the witches are spooktacular...thanks for joining in at the Opus Gluei Something Wicked challenge

Rosemary said...

This is grand - I love the card and the striking images of the witches, I also like how you've included your inspiration. I love hearing about the traditions of other countries and isn't it interesting the impression it made on that little girl?

Thank you for participating with us at Opus Gluei! I apologize for not visiting sooner, life has dealt me some challenges lately that have seriously impacted both my blog surfing and my own crafting.